AIDN Condemns Spurious Attacks Against Gov. Godswill Akpabio March 26, 2013Posted by Ibompulpit in Akwa Ibom Diaspora, Politics, Press Release.
Tags: AIDN, Akwa Ibom State, Godswill Akpabio
add a comment
March 26, 2013
RE: AIDN CONDEMNS SPURIOUS ATTACKS AGAINST GOV. GODSWILL AKPABIO
1. The Akwa Ibom Diaspora Network (AIDN), representing an overwhelming majority of Akwa Ibom State citizens in the Diaspora, heartily commends Governor Godswill Akpabio, CON for demonstrating outstanding leadership towards sustainable development of Akwa Ibom State. His leadership continues to improve the welfare and overall happiness of the Akwa Ibom people in particular and Nigerians in general. There is no doubt that Governor Akpabio is helping to redefined leadership in Nigeria, starting from Akwa Ibom state: his unique achievements are as a result of strategic planning and prudent management of state’s resources.
2. Since Governor Akpabio’s appointment as the Chairman of the PDP Governors’ Forum, we have noticed salvos of mischievous propaganda fired from attack machines sponsored by rancorous persons and their cronies mostly within the political opposition. We want to state clearly that the primary goals of these agenda driven assaults are to demonize prominent leaders and wrestle the presidency from the South-South geo-political zone by all means necessary, even when national stability and progress are at risk.
3. Since the propaganda warfare is malicious and devoid of constructive criticisms, we are neither deceived nor persuaded by its perpetrators. Rather, we declare our unequivocal and unbending support for President Goodluck Jonathan, GCFR and Gov. Godswill Akpabio, having an abiding faith and strong confidence in their leadership of Nigeria and Akwa Ibom State respectively. We urge all patriots and progress minded persons, who desire audacious, strategic, sustainable and positive transformation of Nigeria, to reject and dismiss current campaigns of calumny unleashed by politicians and cronies fighting to frustrate good governance in the country.
4. Our support for Gov. Godswill Akpabio roots in his outstanding performance record that is globally acknowledged as strategic and results oriented. Noting that Gov. Akpabio’s administration is building a model economy for Akwa Ibom State from the scratch, we call on all Nigerians to focus more on issues pertaining to sustainable development rather than pay attention to the distracting propaganda machine sponsored by some opposition politicians.
5. As Akwa Ibom citizens, we are satisfied and thankful for Gov. Akpabio’s leadership that continues to add tremendous value to our socio-political well being as well as economic relevance. Therefore, no level, shade or twist in any campaign of calumny can obscure his iconic and transforming leadership that has elevated Akwa Ibom State into a national model for infrastructure development.
6. Joining with the overwhelming majority of Akwa Ibomites, we thank Gov. Godswill Akpabio for making donations to officials and members of the Super Eagles team for winning the African Cup of Nations (AFCON) championship in South Africa, after 19 years from the famous 1994 triumph. They are deserving African champions. It is even more appropriate because an Akwa Ibom son, Vincent Enyeama, who started his career with Akwa United of Uyo, captained the team to victory and was adjudged by the Confederation of African football Technical Committee as the best goalkeeper in Africa.
7. With the same tenor of rewarding Akwa Ibom excellence and promoting the re-branding of the State, we applaud the benevolence towards Mrs. Annie Macaulay-Idibia during her recent traditional marriage in Eket. A leading Nollywood actress, her talents are well acknowledged in over 100 movie productions; and she got married to TuFace Idibia, probably Nigeria’s biggest international musician, who as a prime “Ukot” (in-law) has professed his love for his wife and our State with his hit song, “Mfana Ibaha” (No Problem).
8. For consistently running a prudent and accountable administration, and for engaging strategic investment approaches since 2007, Gov. Godswill Akpabio’s discretionary acts of benevolence within the ambit of the law, and as approved under a Budgetary sub-head by the State House of Assembly, is trusted, accepted and supported by majority of Akwa Ibom citizens at home and in the Diaspora. It is ludicrous for political opponents to indulge virulent attacks against Gov. Godswill Akpabio, using hatchet men in some sections of the traditional and social media to make false accusations of profligacy against our governor. We encourage all and sundry to hearken to the admonition of our in-law that “Mfana Ibaha” with our Governor or with Akwa Ibom State.
9. Finally, we admonish all Nigerians to not be distracted but continue to embrace bold and transformational leadership. We warn the mischief makers and propagandists to cease and desist from spurious attacks against our leaders, and always remember that Akwa Ibomites know how to hold their government officials accountable. We also believe that respect is reciprocal: in order to earn our respect, we call on other Nigerians to respect our time honoured value system that promotes generosity and grand hospitality.
Mr. Clement Ikpatt, President
Barr. Uduak Ukpeh, Secretary General
Prof. Ekere Essien, Vice President
Ms. Mary Umoh, Vice President
Prof. Felix Edoho, Vice President
Dr. Samuel Esema, Chair of CWC
Itata Itata, Esq, Legal Counsel
Mr. John Edem, Zonal VP Canada
Dr. Michael Eshiett, Zonal VP Europe
Dr. Peter Umoh, Zonal VP USA