Nigerian Entrepreneurs and Investors invited to the Akwa Ibom Economic Summit and Investment Expo 2012 June 18, 2012Posted by Ibompulpit in Economy, News, Organization, Society.
TO ALL ENTREPRENEURS/INVESTORS:
I invite you to come and fully participate in the Akwa Ibom State Economic Summit & Investment Expo 2012. The event will attract various dignitaries and Akwa Ibom State citizens throughout the world. Also, we will utilize the opportunity to celebrate the Silver Jubilee of the creation of Akwa Ibom State.
Themed Moving Akwa Ibom Forward, the summit aims to highlight the role of transformational leadership in driving industrialization as well as establishing and sustaining Akwa Ibom State as a buoyant regional hub of economic development in Nigeria. During the past few years, the current administration has worked tirelessly to build enviable industrial infrastructure and create enabling environment for sustainable development of the state. The Houston economic summit will be a major event to highlight investment opportunities and promote public-private partnership capable of speedily galvanizing the industrialization of Akwa Ibom State. It is open to Nigerian and other investors and entrepreneurs.
Other highlights of the event include presentations on the newly adopted statewide industrialization policy of the government. Several multinational corporations and financial institutions from the United States and Canada are expected to attend. Participating industrialists, investors, and firms will have opportunities to set up booths and provide information about their products and services.
As a business representative, you will receive packages of industrial/economic profile and investment opportunities in Akwa Ibom State. You will also have opportunities to interact with the government officials and discuss your investment interests. There are incredible opportunities and welcoming atmosphere for capital investment in all industrial sectors in Akwa Ibom State. Consequently, we invite you to come and explore and take advantage of the golden opportunity afforded by the Houston summit and investment expo to interact and network with corporate leaders and public officials.
Here are some reasons and incentives to make you invest in Akwa Ibom State:
- Government’s policy thrust is to encourage private sector led industrialization for purposes of stimulating the expansion of domestic production of goods and services, creating employment and promoting a technology driven economy.
- Land: The government guarantees prompt allocation of plots for industrial developments, commercial, agricultural and residential estates. Certificates of Occupancy for such plots of land will be issued with a few weeks. Land is rent free during construction of factory premises.
- Export Processing Zone (EPZ): three years tax holiday, repatriation of foreign capital investment with accompanying capital appreciation. Unrestricted remittances of profits and dividends earned by foreign investors in the EPZ.
- No import or export licenses and up to 100% ownership of enterprise in the zone.
- No quotas on products to ECC and USA. EPZ goods are entitled to preferential tariff in the EEC.
- The State government has invested heavily in social infrastructure. Major road network have been constructed with dual carriage to ease transportation, work has been completed on the Independent Power Plant to boost electricity supply and GSM telecommunication network is available everywhere across the State.
- Business Advisory and Promotion Clinic is available within and outside Nigeria.
We look forward to your attendance, knowing that your active participation will be both invaluable and most memorable. For more information about the event, please contact email@example.com or send a text message to +1-302-494-1304.
Prof. Felix Edoho
Chairman, Global Planning Committee