AIDN UNITY RALLY for GOV. GODSWILL AKPABIO/OBONG NSIMA EKERE March 29, 2011Posted by Ibompulpit in News, Politics, Press Release, Society.
Our Ref: AID/S/049/2011 _________ 29th March 2011
For Immediate Release
AIDN UNITY RALLY HELD ON THE 26TH FEBRUARY 2011
IN SUPPORT OF GOV. GODSWILL AKPABIO/OBONG NSIMA EKERE
As you may recall that on 26th February 2011, in major cities across the United States of America, Canada, United Kingdom and Europe, Akwa Ibom people in the Diaspora came out in large numbers to rally support for the re-election of His Excellency Governor Godswill Akpabio who has Obong Nsima Ekere as his running mate on the gubernatorial ticket:
- In Houston, USA Obong Clement Ikpatt assisted by Mrs. Iniobong Ikpe, the AIDN Coordinator led the rally.
- In Washington DC, the rally was led by Messrs. Chris Oyobio (VP Membership and Mobilization), Emmanuel Ekop (the Deputy Secretary General of AIDN) and and Hope Umanah, Esq. (Chairman Political Action).
- In Los Angeles, California, the rally was hosted by Mr. Moses Edem (Chair Welfare and Rehabilitation).
- In London, Barrister Uduak Ukpeh, assisted by the London Area Coordinator, Mr. Imo Itieimoh led AIDN team which rallied support for Gov. Akpabio and Obong Nsima Ekere.
- Up in the North of England, Akparawa Jimaimah Essien led a similar team in Manchester, UK to rally support for His Excellency and his winning team.
- In Canada, Mr. John Edem took charge and hosted supporters from various cities in Canada.
- In Portland, Oregon, Mr. John Ette led the rallying team.
- In New York, New York, Prof. Offiong Aqua (Special Adviser) and Mr. Ekerete Udo (Area Coordinator New York) hosted and addressed supporters of the Godswill Akpabio/Nsima Ekere gubernatorial ticket.
According to the London based Vice President for Communications and Protocol, Ms. Mary Umoh, “our unassailable support and endorsement of Gov. Godswill Akpabio reflects his sterling performance record since 2007 and roots in the noble quest to develop and strengthen democratic institutions in the State.”
“Rallies demonstrate that the overwhelming majority of Akwa Ibom citizens in the Diaspora have an abiding faith in His Excellency Gov. Godswill Akpabio’s leadership since May 2007. We join with our royal fathers, traditional elders, families, friends and all other Akwa Ibom people to unreservedly endorse and support the continuation of exemplary leadership by our governor.” Ms. Umoh also said.
The AIDN message is clear to all eligible voters in Akwa Ibom State: Go out there and vote for President Goodluck Jonathan and Governor Akpabio; you will be voting for continuity, progress, good governance, free education, and free health services for children and elderly and industrial revolution of Akwa Ibom State!
Already on-the-ground in Akwa Ibom State is the AIDN dedicated campaign team to support the GODSWILL 2011 Campaign Organization and to attend various rallies held across the state. The team is expected to participate and show support for His Excellency and Obong Nsima Ekere at the grand Unity Rally scheduled to hold on Wednesday, 30th March 2011.
While there is room for everyone to join hands in developing our beloved Akwa Ibom State, we call on all people, especially the registered voters, to shun violence and avoid disruptive agenda by selfish politicians. Rather, all focus should be fixed on issues that portend growth for the sake of God and Akwa Ibom State.
Long Live AIDN ! Long Live Akwa Ibom State !! Long Live the Federal Republic of Nigeria !!!
Barr. Uduak Ukpeh – Secretary General
Mr. Clement Ikpatt – President
Hope Umana, Esq – Chair Political Action
Barr. Ata Ikiddeh – VP Europe
Sir Peter Umoh – VP USA
Mr. John Edem – VP Canada